Sunday, September 12, 2010

Crock Pot Lasagna

I got this idea off of another blog: http://www.coliesrecipes.info/search/label/Crockpot

Such a cool idea! Literally and figuratively- this is great when you don't want to heat up the whole house, or for a meal to cook while you're at work, and even could save money on power/gas bill by being cheaper than heating up your entire oven!  It would also be a easy one to take on a picnic.

I didn't use her recipe- just the idea.  So this is what I did:
In my crock pot I layered just like I would have in a pan-
cooked ground beef with 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
noodles- uncooked for this recipe
cottage cheese mixture:
                     Cottage cheese, 1 egg, 1 T parsley, 1/3 c. Parmesan cheese
the some more sauce and repeat.

Then I set the crock pot on high for 2 hours, and then since I was afraid it'd be ready too fast turned it down to low for 3.  I added some Mozzarella cheese on top the last 30 mins to melt.

4 comments:

  1. I know what we're having for dinner!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll love it!! and it's so easy! A frying pan to cook the meat, and the crock pot- that's ALL the dishes it took!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...