Saturday, September 18, 2010

Flower Hair Clips

These are really easy to make!  I bought my flowers at Robert's Craft store.  I'm sure any similar craft store would sell something similar.  What you want is a flower with layers- the more the better!  These clips sell for around $5 EACH! I can make them for about 50 cents or less each.  Talk about a good way to save some money!

What you will need:
layered flower(s)
glue gun & glue sticks
hair clips (I got a box of like 100 for $5 at a hair supply store)
ribbon
and something for the center- buttons, jewels, etc.


Step 1:  Pull apart your flower, and separate the layers
Step 2: pick out the layers you want for your hair clip (one flower like this will make 3 or more hair clips)
Step 3: Glue each layer together starting with the biggest (bottom) layer.  Then when all are glued together, glue your center piece on.
Step 4: Cut a small strip of ribbon and place it between the clip clamps.  Glue a strip of glue on the back of the flower and attach the ribbon & clip.
That's it! you're done!
This looks really cute with different colors of flowers (when I did this one I only had a white flower)  You can get creative! add ribbon to the flower, or other accessories!  This was a big flower clip- you can make them any size you want!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! If only I could get my toddler to keep her bows in her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I can't believe you can make a flower clip for .50 cents!! That's crazy! But in defense of the people that make flower clips to sell like MYSELF, I don't know where they get there supplies but for me it costs about $3- $4 to make a $5 flower so really we don't make too much (or at least I don't) . I do however add a lot to mine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...