Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Stuffed Mushrooms

Last night I tried another new recipe from www.allrecipes.com it had a really high rating- and it was really good! My husband loved them!  I didn't have one of the ingredients, so again I adapted it a little.  This is what I did:

with a damp cloth wipe the tops of each mushroom softly, then break off the stem.
Cut off the tough part of the stem (the part that connects to the mushroom cap) and trash them
Place the mushroom tops upside down on a greased pan
Chop up the good part of the mushroom stem

In a fry pan cook:
1 T chopped garlic
2 T olive oil
chopped mushroom stems
Just cook them for a few minutes- you don't want to burn the garlic!

Then add the garlic mixture to
1- 8oz package of cream cheese
1 t. onion powder
1 t. black pepper
1/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
Mix well.  Spoon mixture into each mushroom top.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Yum!

    The Soul Mom (Dyani Marvel) is hopping on through from the WW blog hop. Following you and hope you'll hop on by and follow me too!

    www.thesoulmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm new on the Blog Hop! Just wanted to let you know that I'm following you now! Check out mine?

    www.helloglamour21.blogspot.com

    Thanks!
    XOXO -Kia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. This looks amazing! I'll definitely have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...