Thursday, September 16, 2010

Zucchini Bread

The best way to use up some big garden zucchini's is to make bread!  I usually make a double batch and freeze 1-2 loaves.  Also, if I don't have time to make the bread sometimes I will shred the zucchini and freeze it and then there's still good fresh zucchini for bread later!  My kids LOVE this bread!
This recipe makes 2 loaves.

3 eggs- beat till foamy then add
1 c. oil (I usually use applesauce instead- it's healthier and works great!)
2 c. sugar
2 c. grated zucchini
3 t. vanilla
Mix all together, then add
3 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
3 c. flour
1/2 c. chopped nuts
1 c. raisins
(the nuts and raisins are optional ingredients that I never put in)

Pour into 2 greased & floured pans.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until done.

1 comment:

  1. Zucchini bread is always SO good! I'm a new follower from the Wednesday blog hop! Hope you'll stop by for a visit, and follow me too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...