Sunday, October 10, 2010

Rolo Cookies

After hearing raves about this cookie recipe the kids and I made it tonight.
It's pretty easy overall and as much as I love chocolate and caramel, I was kinda disappointed that it ended up as a crispy cookie (or maybe I just over baked it?) I love soft cookies.  But the flavor was totally there!
I got the recipe from one of my favorite blogs- If I could...

cream:
1 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
then add:
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
mix then add:
2 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. cocoa powder
1 t. baking soda
mix well.
Roll into balls after placing a rolo in the center.  Then roll the balls in sugar to coat.  Place on a greased cookie sheet then bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until they start to crack slightly.

I think next time I try them I'll cook them a little less and see if they turn out soft. My kids loved helping me roll them into balls and coat in sugar! Plus I put them to work unwrapping the rolos while I made the cookie dough.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, thanks a lot for your sweet words for my post, its really fun to meet people with different culture with different countries. but its so lovely... your cookies appears to be tasty, I ll try because I love baking very much... thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog. Following you from blog hop
    www.abundanceyeah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...