Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Superman & Batman cape

I made these for my boys last Christmas and they love them!  They're really cute because they're reversible, one side they can be Superman, and the other side they can be Batman.  It would be a really easy costume too- just make an extra logo and iron it on a blue (superman) or black (batman) shirt!

You can find patterns for the logos online, or freehand them. 
Step 1:  Draw the logo on some iron on- Make sure for the Superman logo you draw the S backwards so it turns out right. There will be 4 different parts- the Superman solid block in yellow, then the S and boarder in Red,  And the Batman oval in yellow, and the bat in black.

Step 2: Iron the logos onto felt, cut them out, then iron the S onto the yellow block and the bat onto the yellow oval

Step 3: Cut out the cape- you will want one side red (Superman) and one side black (Batman)

Step 4: Iron on the logos on each cape

Step 5: Sew the edges of the logo. (this step is optional but I think it makes it look better and last longer)

Step 6: put the capes right sides together and sew around the edges, leaving a 4" hole to turn it inside out

Step 7: once it's turned right side out I like to sew the edge again. (this is also optional but I just think it makes it look nicer)

Step 8: Sew Velcro on each top end to hold the cape in place

You're Done!


5 comments:

  1. I'm blog hopping and this is my first time visting your blog. The capes are so cute. I was reading your blog and liked the information about RET. I too went through a divorce years ago and I'm an emotional eater. I'm a happy but stressed single-mom of 2 teen kids. They are great kids and I'm blessed in many ways, but it is a lot of work doing it on my own.

    Thanks for the RET info.
    Yoli
    Apron Senorita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I need to make one of those for my son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss when my kids were little. Now they have their own and I don't do their costumes anymore.

    Thanks for linking up with us today. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    This is Angela from Life With My Littles. I am following you through Family licious reviews, trailing Tuesday. Please follow me back!
    I have an Ergo baby carrier up on my blog right now (if you are interested).
    ~Angela
    http://lifewithmylittles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! I'm a new follower from Trailing Tuesdays! If you get a chance, please follow me too at http://www.mommylivingthelifeofriley.com/

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...