Sunday, December 26, 2010

5 Decker Dinner

This is an easy one pan dish.  If you want to throw something together and not worry about it while it cooks for 45 mins or so, and includes a good assortment from the food pyramid this is the recipe for you!  My mom named it 5 Decker Dinner when she'd make it for us as kids.

in a deep frying pan layer: (DO NOT turn on the burner yet though)
bacon
ground beef
sliced potatoes
(you can season the meat & potatoes if you desire)
then any assortment of veggies you like, I usually do carrots & broccoli

Cover with a lid, then turn the burner on LOW.  You want this to cook slowly so the bacon doesn't burn.
after the potatoes are easily cut with a fork, sprinkle cheese on top and cook a couple more minutes until it's melted.

5 comments:

  1. Happy holidays! I’ve been following your neat blog from Meet Me Monday blog hop. My Facebook page “Inspire” has inspiring messages. Stop by!

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspire/338562522284?ref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy recipe! Love it! I am following from Makin Friends Monday. Hope you had a great Christmas!


    Heather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands! and Lynhea Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I'm stopping by via the Monday hops to say hello and to follow. Have a great day!
    http://poshonabudget.com/2010/11/welcome-monday-friends-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about the bacon and hamburger grease

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's usually not too bad- I guess it depends on the fat content of your beef. You can strain it if you like we usually don't mind the extra flavor- but it's not like it's floating in grease or anything.
      I'm also super picky when I buy bacon to find the highest meat content I can.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...