Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Contest for the coolest Christmas Gift idea!!

ok, with only 10 days left until Christmas I am holding a Christmas gift idea contest!!
Have a cute gift idea or two? take a picture of it and email it to me at jodeemason at gmail
Pictures will be posted on my facebook page.
The picture with the most "like"s wins! 
Contest ends Wed 12/22/10
The winner will get book 1 and book 2 of my "Easy Christmas gift ideas" ! (they are awesome and full of lots of great gift ideas)
Here's an example of some gifts I've made this year:

Whopper Reindeer
I haven't put the sticker on the back yet- but I print up a label and stick it on the back that says:
"Santa's little reindeer, has had too much to eat,
so put your had beneath his tail and you will get a treat!"
(the whoppers come out from under the tail)  the kids LOVE these.  I make them with the mini whopper boxes, and the regular size ones.

Snowman Soup
There's a few different poems for Snowman soup you can find around the Internet.  When I made these I couldn't find holiday marshmallows, so I used snowman peeps & made up my own poem:
"Last year I saved a snowman, before it melted away, it's sweet & even chewy now, to give to you today! So pop it in hot cocoa, to flavor it just right.  Nothing better than snowman soup on a cold and winters night."

Magic Reindeer Food
This is just oatmeal, red & green sprinkles, and glitter mixed together.
"Be sure to take this magic food and sprinkle on the law. 
On Christmas Santa's reindeer travel miles before the dawn. 
The smell of oats and glitter path will guide them on their way. 
And you'll wake up to Santa's gifts next morn on Christmas day!"

Penguin Kisses
At JoAnn's I found these cute little penguin felt stickers, so I put them on a box of tic-tacs and wrote a poem on the back:
"So you think it's really cold this year?
And the Summers warmth you miss.
Here to help to cheer you up,
a minty penguin kiss!"
(you can also do something similar for snowman kisses)

Christmas Emergency Kit
Items in a holiday ziploc bag:
"Bow- for the last minute present
Band-Aid- for wrapping paper cuts
Aspirin- for the headaches from a long day
Notebook & pen- for shopping lists & ideas
Tape- so you don't have to hunt down more
Tissue- to use as emergency wrapping paper when you run out
Chocolate candy- for that late night sugar rush to keep you going"

Season's Greetings
Salt & Pepper shakers.  You could also do a seasoning from the store- any kind works!

Pitcher Chirstmas 
This is with a small Tupperware pitcher- but you could also do a larger one, or even a "picture"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...