Saturday, January 22, 2011

Chocolate & Strawberry Rice Krispies

These are perfect for Valentines day coming up.  Right now you can buy Strawberry flavored marshmallows.

This is the recipe I did for this batch:
in a large pan melt 2 cubes of butter
add 1 bag of strawberry marshmallows
once strawberry marshmallows are almost all melted I added 1/2 bag of regular marshmallows.
Then add your rice krispies.  Aprox 6-8 cups.  The more you add the more dry and crispy they will be, the less cereal you add the softer and chewier they will be.

Pour into a greased pan.
Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top

Let them set up before cutting.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea for Valentine's Day!
    Came over from the Monday Blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I used to love making these treats when I was younger! My girls LOVE to cook - and I am left speechless & wondering why I have never made Rice Krispy Treats with them? I compltely forgot about these easy and fun treats!

    I really love the idea of the pink marshmallows -

    I am definitely going to make these with my lil divas very soon!

    Thank you so much for the idea! :)

    I am now following!
    Bernadette
    http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, YUM! Following you now!! :)

    Brea
    www.becomingbrea.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...