Sunday, January 2, 2011

Veggie Lasagna

This is the most amazing veggie lasagna you will ever taste! It's a great vegetarian meal, or just nice for something different like we did.
I improvised on a couple recipes I found online and this is what I came up with:

Alfredo Sauce: (same as for my Alfredo chicken)
1 cube butter
8 oz cream cheese
melt together and whisk until well blended then add:
2 c. milk
1 t. garlic powder
1 tub of Parmesan cheese (16 oz)
Cook until desired thickness (will thicken a little as it cools)

Cottage cheese mixture:
1 tub cottage cheese
1 bunch of fresh spinach- chopped
1-2 eggs
mix well.

In you pan spread a little of the sauce, then a layer of noodles.
spread the cottage cheese mixture over of the noodles, then layer with noodles again.
sprinkle with shredded carrots and sliced mushrooms.
Spoon sauce over the top until the entire lasagna is well covered.
sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

This first time I made this it was pretty watery- I precooked the noodles, so next time I am going to try making it with uncooked noodles.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    Just a quick reminder to head over and link up to my Welcome Wednesday hop! The linky is now open. Hope you ended up with some new followers last week!

    P.S. Bookmarking this recipe for dinner this week.

    Frugal Invitation
    http://www.frugalinvitation.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...