Thursday, February 10, 2011

Steak Blankets

Finally sorting out computer issues!
Ok, I got this recipe out of an OLD Taste of Home recipe book, and changed it up a little bit.  Talk about melt in your mouth deliciousness!! It was easy, healthy, and AMAZING!  This is definitely going onto my regular menu!

Ingredients:
Top sirloin steaks (or any other steak you like)
soy sauce
sugar
ginger
carrots
fresh green beans
butter

At my local Lin's grocery store I had Matt- a buddy I grew up with who's a butcher there cut a family pack of top sirloin steaks in half thickness wise.... this made each steak about 1/4- 1/2 inch thick.

In a bowl (or Tupperware season serve) mix 1/3 c. soy sauce, 2 T sugar, and 1/8 t. ginger. Marinate meat in this mixture for up to 2-3 hours. (I only marinated mine about 30 mins)

While it's marinating, slice carrots in thin long strips.  Blanch, which means boil for a couple of minutes, the carrot slices and long green beans.  You want them partially cooked, but not fully cooked.  Strain them & have ready for steaks.

Lay one steak out flat, place 3-4 of each carrots and green beans on top, then wrap the steak around the veggies and secure with a toothpick. Continue with all steaks and veggies.

Melt 1/2 cube of butter (4T) brush each steak & veggies with melted butter. 
To cook, you can grill them (perfect for Summer time) or bake them like I did.  I baked mine at 350 for about 15 minutes or until steaks were cooked.

I served the steak blankets with some baby potatoes, cut in half then lightly coated in olive oil and garlic & herb seasoning, and then baked until done. (at 350 for about 15-20 mins)  This is another healthy option for a side dish that goes great with most anything!

1 comment:

  1. Yummers!!!
    I might have to make this for our family valentines dinner :)
    Thanks JoDee!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...