Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi Soup

Normally I don't order soups at restaurants, but Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi soup is all I order when I'm there!  So I found a copy-cat recipe online and now we make it!

I used my new Tupperware Chop & Prep to chop up the onion and celery.  I just have to say this is an AWESOME product! My first thought was that it was a dumb product and didn't see a use for it, but then once I used it I was HOOKED! It's super fun and my kids love to use it as well.  It chops things really fast and easily. To see or purchase it you can go to: www.mytupperware.com/jodeemason


Now that you have another awesome product to use in your kitchen... back to the recipe.
Using the Chop & Prep I chopped:
1/2 onion
2 stalks of celery

then place them in a pan and saute with:
4 T butter
1 T garlic- minced

Meanwhile, boil chicken breasts while other items are cooking, and get a pan of water boiling for the gnocchi when it's time.

Once the onion is clear, add 4 T butter and mix well for about a minute.
Add 1 quart of half and half

Cut chicken into chunks then add to the soup.
Shred 1/2 c. of carrots and add to the soup.

Once the soup starts to get thick add 1 can of chicken stock.

Now it's time to cook the gnocchi.  In your pan of boiling water place all the gnocchi.  Once they rise to the top of the water they are cooked.  It takes about 2-4 minutes.  Spoon the cooked gnocchi into the soup.

Add 1 c. chopped spinach, 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, 1 T parsley, and I also find it needs about 1 T of chicken bouillon (adjust to taste).

Enjoy!
FYI this soup is 250 calories per large bowl (olive garden size) It's so filling I can never eat more than one bowl!

1 comment:

  1. Hi - Looks like I am going to have to try this soup. I tried one of their gnocchi dishes a few yrs ago and it was amazing. This could be what I had - not sure but it too looks amazing. Thank you for a tried and true recipe!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...