Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pickled Green Beans

I first tried these at a friend of mine parent's house.  They are VERY strong but delicious!  Apparently they are good with certain alcohol drinks but since I don't drink I can't tell you about that :)

Sterilize jars (I do it in the dishwasher)
fill each jar with raw green beans (trimmed as you like)
sprinkle a few red pepper flakes into each jar
you can add a sprig of dill or other seasonings as you like.

In a sauce pan simmer:
2 2/3 c vinegar
2 c. water
1 clove garlic (I used a good tablespoon of minced garlic from my fridge)
1/4 c salt
2-3 T sugar (optional)
- boil together for a few minutes then strain the garlic out

Pour the hot vinegar water into each jar until 1/4 inch from the top.
Process the jars in a hot water bath for 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...