Monday, March 26, 2012

Orange Creamcicle Cupcakes


In the creativity of gourmet cupcake making this week I invented and made another kind: Orange Creamcicle.
It was pretty basic and easy and tasted great!

Cupcake:
white cake mix- make according to the box directions (I use applesauce instead of oil) Add 2 t. orange flavor extract and food coloring to make it orange in color.

Bake according to box instructions.

Frosting:
2 cubes butter- very soft
2- 8oz blocks of cream cheese
1/2 bag of powdered sugar, or basically 1#, or I believe 2 cups.  If you are unsure just add slowly until desired consistency
2 t. vanilla
I beat the frosting with the whip attachment in my kitchen aid so it was nice and smooth and fluffy.

Pipe onto cupcakes in the desired design.
Frosting can be refrigerated and used for other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...