Sunday, March 25, 2012

S'mores Cupcakes


One of the gourmet cupcake ideas I got for my Tupperware Birthday party open house this week.
Chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers- without the camp fire!  I'm not a big s'more's fan, but these were pretty good!

I was really intimidated with this type of frosting recipe when I first saw them, but it was actually
pretty easy! I got this one from here. I'm definitely going to make this recipe again.

Cupcake-
one box of devil's food cake mix.  Make according to the box instructions ( I always substitute applesauce instead of oil- but either way)

Marshmallow frosting-
in a metal or glass bowl put 2 c. sugar, 8 egg whites, and 1 t. cream of tartar.  Place the bowl over a boiling pot of water and mix until sugar is dissolved. (I check for the sugar granules to disappear)
Then remove from heat and beat with your hand mixer or stand mixer (my choice) for about 8 minutes gradually increasing the speed until soft peaks form.
Then add 1 t. vanilla and mix long enough to combine it with the rest.
Use ASAP- pour into a piping bag and frost your cupcakes.  Marshmallow frosting will set up (not as fast as rice krispies, it took me about 5-10 mins to frost them and it was fine, but I wouldn't dilly dally too long!)  This is definitely not a frosting recipe you can make up ahead of time.

After cupcakes were frosted I sprinkled some crushed graham crackers on top.

And if you want to try one without making it, come to my Tupperware Birthday Open House on Wed! Message me on Facebook for directions/info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...