Saturday, March 17, 2012

Strawberry Lemonaid Cupcakes


After searching for some fun gourmet cupcake recipes I got this idea.  As always I improvised and adapted it to make it my own!  This recipe will make 12 cupcakes, but double the frosting needed (I froze the leftovers for next time)


Cupcake:
1 cube butter- soft
1 c. sugar
-cream together then add:
2 eggs
1 T lemon juice
1/2 c buttermilk
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t salt

fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake at 325 for 25 minutes


Frosting:
1 cube butter- soft
3 strawberries- pureed then added to butter
1 t. vanilla
1/4 c. buttermilk
4 c powdered sugar

mix well then frost cooled cupcakes.

2 comments:

  1. These sound really good. I hope it's okay that I pinned these

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! Anyone's welcome to pin anything that's on my blog- that's what it's here for :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...