Monday, May 7, 2012

Rag style sewing

The rag look is very popular for various items such as purses, diaper bags, and blankets.  So I figured why not sew some into curtains?!!?  Using a few different coordinating fabrics I sewed together this rag style curtain.  Then I made matching
pillow shams and throw pillows.  The rag look or rag style is pretty easy to sew because you don't have to worry about turning things under while sewing them, you want them to frey and show the edges!  I put this set into our guest bedroom so it makes the room look custom and matching but not too boyish or girly at the same time.

Here is the curtain valance

Simple, easy, and adds so much to the window!
Here is the pillow sham I made- I didn't make this the rag style because I figured where it gets used more it would frey more and who wants little strings in their face while sleeping?  So instead I just used some of the coordinating fabric and made a ruffled pillow sham.


And here is what the throw pillows look like- I haven't stuffed them yet though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...